Thursday, June 21, 2007

Lila Day 4

Thursday June 21, 2007

Today was very relaxing. We went as a group to a local park before heading to the Hunan Embroidery Factory. This province is known for textiles. Silk and embroidered goods mainly. I bought a beautiful piece with a lotus flower on it for Lila. My goal for shopping during this trip is to purchase 18 gifts for Lila; one for each of her birthdays.

We had some paperwork to do in the afternoon, we hung out in the playroom for a bit and ended the evening with some room service. Tomorrow we head to the airport for a flight to Guangzhou. Lila’s first plane ride!!! It’s a short one, 45 minutes or so. We will spend the remainder of our trip in Guangzhou. We will do more paperwork, apply for Lila’s visa, and attend our consulate appointment on Tuesday.

I'm having a hard time posting pictures today. I will try again later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, Sean and Lila,

I have read your fantastic story about your journey to finally see and hold Lila..

Everyday is like another precious moment for the three of you (and us) to share forever.

Thanks for letting us experience this with you.

Anonymous said...

I love the smiles! I was afraid she was so serious she would begin her PhD next week, and make us all look like dolts. She has the cutest smile, and I imagine she has used it more in the past six days than in the past seven months.
Bravo!